How do you usually record the places you have visited in Guangdong? Now you have one more interesting way to keep track of the tourist attractions you have been to. The Guangdong Culture and Tourism Passport was officially released at the Guangdong Museum in Guangzhou on December 30th, 2019.
The Guangdong Culture and Tourism Passport [Photo: Zhang Di/Nanfang Daily]
The 30-page passport is a way for you to collect commemorative stamps and win commemorative badges from each scenic spot you have visited. It features ten famous tourist destinations in Guangzhou including the Canton Tower and the Chen Clan’s Academy.
The passport is embedded with an RFID chip and can be identified by the specific automatic stamping machine. Before you get the stamp, you will also be able to play a game on the theme of culture and tourism on the machine in both Guangdong Museum and Canton Tower.
According to an official from the Department of Culture and Tourism of Guangdong Province, more tourist attractions will be added into the passport in the near future.
The passport is now available for free before January 7th at the following ten scenic spots in Guangzhou. There are only a limited number of free passports. First come, first serve. Don’t miss out.
Guangdong Museum is featured in the passport. [Photo: Zhang Di/Nanfang Daily]
Where to get/visit?
1. Guangdong Museum (廣東省博物館)
2. Sun Yat-sen Library of Guangdong Province (廣東省立中山圖書館)
3. Xinghai Concert Hall (星海音樂廳)
4. Guangdong Museum of Art (廣東美術館)
5. Canton Tower (廣州塔)
6. Pearl River Night Cruise-Red Boat (珠江紅船夜游)
7. Guangzhou Opera House (廣州大劇院)
8. Chen Clan’s Academy (陳家祠)
9. Former Residence of Yang Paoan (楊匏安故居)
10. The Museum of Site of the 3rd National Congress of the Communist Party of China (中共三大會址紀念館)
The passport and the emblems. [Photo: Zhang Di/Nanfang Daily]
How to play?
1. Visit one of the above-mentioned scenic spots, collect a stamp and get one limited-edition emblem via a random drawing.
2. Exchange emblems with other passport holders, the aim is to get a set of ten different emblems.
3. After you have collected 10 stamps and 10 different emblems, go get the ‘ultimate stamp’ and the ‘ultimate emblem’ at any of the scenic spots, then you will get a gift box for your passport and emblems.
4. You will also find some discount coupons in the passport that you can use in some of the attractions.
Author: Monica Liu
Editor: Olivia Yang